This weekend wasn't too bad at all. Friday night instead of dinner at The Corvette Diner (the traffic was beyond insane), we went to Trupiano's. Their calamari appetizer was amazingly light and came with a really great dipping sauce. The calamari was perfectly cooked, not overdone or rubbery. For dessert I wanted to try their cannoli. I was disappointed, expecting a nice sit-down restaurant to have a really good cannoli. The shell was a bit on the stale side and the filling was just okay. Sorrentino's makes a superior cannoli. Their shells are fresher and the filling is divine.
On Saturday we finally went to see The Time Traveler's Wife. I really enjoyed it, and forgot my tissues. There were quite a few things, including characters, left out but I expected that. In a way it left the adaptation sort of uncluttered, perhaps making it a little easier for those who hadn't read the book to follow. Rachel McAdams was a perfect Clare and Eric Bana played Henry with just the right amount of sensitivity that I expected from him. He just has the eyes and facial expressions for characters such as Henry. I really enjoyed him as Hector in Troy. He brought such depth to a character that I never imagined the warrior to have when I read in The Iliad. After the movie we drove to Escondido to have dinner at Fatburger. We discovered that place after we went to see Star Trek in IMAX. Their burgers are so good and the fries were perfectly crunchy without being greasy.
I suppose I should get off of here and start making dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nom! I remember it like it was just a few days ago! (lol)
ReplyDeleteOmg Mrs. G I am soooooo sorry that we (me and my mom) forgot to wish u happy B-day
ReplyDeleteThank you, and that's okay! We really had a good time on Tuesday at the movies with you and your Mom.
ReplyDelete